skip icons

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Feb 26 13:38:08 CET 2010

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org>
wrote:
> > I really dislike these bars, since it makes the arrows look awkward
> > and more like a double arrow which makes me think of "Fast Forward" or
> > "Skip to the end". A definite +1 for the simple arrows in
> > amarok_arrows6.jpg
>
> Fully agreed. The first screenshot ("amarok-arrows6.jpg") looks really nice
> :)
>
> I think we should just use that. The bars are weird and don't serve
> any real purpose.

+1 from me as well. Thomas' Point is valid, but user would probably get their
function after the first error. Giving a wrong hint is better than giving no
hint at all, because a wrong impression is corrected after trying something
out (and as Jakob said, the error is easily reversible) and the feature is
still discoverable.