Proportional Bias for Saved Playlists

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sat Feb 6 13:58:18 CET 2010

Hi all,

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 12:16,  <furt at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what do you think about a proportional bias, which matches tracks from a given
> "saved playlist"? So the user could create a dynamic playlist "play 80% tracks
> from playlist 'A' and 20% from playlist 'B'".

While the idea is great, I think we should focus on getting the
Dynamic Playlists working correctly first, there still are enough bug
reports out there reporting that the proportions are wrong in nearly
all variations. How about making it actually work before adding a new
feature? I am sure there are many more people who would benefit from
correct Dynamic filtering rather than adding the saved playlist
filtering.

I just fear that we have again a feature frenzy with too many flaws.
We really should concentrate on fixing old bugs that are here long
enough already and are lowering the user experience considerably.

Also, just as a reminder: feature and string freeze starts on Tuesday
9th, which is only 2 days away. I know that everybody can work on new
features for the next version in their personal Git, but please, all,
don't forget that you all have plenty of bugs to fix and that should
be a priority in the next weeks.

Also, please have a look at the saved searches in Bugzilla, you can
easily add those to your preferences to make them show up in your left
side menu. No excuse that you didn't know about those bugs now
anymore :)

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org