[Amarok] 57e87dc Fix Dynamic Collections.

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Wed Aug 18 19:03:34 CEST 2010

On 8/14/2010 3:02 PM, Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> N.B.: you *must* rescan your files after you
>> compile this code, because that's the only way to get the files
>> associated with the proper device IDs (unless you know how to tweak your
>> DB manually). So if you don't rescan your files you'll probably still have
>> problems until you do.
> Are there any plans that this rescan will be triggered automatically after
> updating amarok?

Probably not. We try to avoid triggering full rescans when possible as
for some users this is a many-hours-long process. In this case only
those using Dynamic Collections are affected, and only those portions of
their collections (i.e. you could manually touch affected directories
and have them get picked up during incremental scans) need to be scanned
again.

--Jeff