Kubuntu Karmic

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Wed Sep 2 13:32:11 CEST 2009

Hi all,

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 13:02, Lydia Pintscher<lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> there is still a chance we will get 2.2 into Kubuntu Karmic if we
> stick to our plan and release on 28th. It will have to go through
> feature freeze exception process and all but it would be possible
> given the massive improvements it brings. For this we can't tag later
> than 28th though.
> I'd say let's try to get this done as best as we can. If we don't make
> it fine - we can still pull back if needed. But given that Kubuntu
> users have been burned with early Amarok 2 versions we should try to
> do our part to make up for it if possible.

I think we could reach that goal, the most show-stoppers are currently
not so much Amarok bugs but Phonon related. What we desperately need
is some phonon love, and if Kubuntu Karmic ships with pulseaudio as
default as they planned it, this will again put us into problems
galore...

Regards, Myriam

PS. Food time at Tokamak again, later :)

http://www.fsfe.org