Random/Repeat Functionality

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 21:19:57 CET 2009

> Statusbar. Good topic. Been thinking a bit about this lately. So, what
> the statusbar mostly shows is this:
>
> "Playing: Foo by Bar on Zoo".
>
> This information is highly redundant, as we have it in the window
> caption, in the Current Track applet, in the playlist, in the OSD, and
> in the statusbar. Sometimes (very rarely) we do show non-redundant
> information there, but does that really justify keeping the whole bar?
>
> The important error messages could be shown as slide-out widgets, just
> like they are (partly) shown right now.

I have no special love for the stausbar (I seem to remember porting a
great deal of it from A1) but it also shows progress information which
I think is highly relevant in many cases, so if we remove the
statusbar, we need to find another place for this as well.

And yeah, we do have "now playing" info in about 100 places.

- Nikolaj