Podcast Support: RSS 1.0 and Atom Feeds

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Thu Nov 19 09:45:17 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 00:47, Mathias Panzenböck
<grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net> wrote:
> I've implemented support for RSS 1.0 (not tested yet) and Atom feeds:
> http://gitorious.org/~panzi/amarok/panzis-amarok
>
> Also I was told that there was feedback on my code here. I just now subscribed
> (not even got the confirmation mail, hope sending this message even works) and
> therefore missed that. And I can't find it in the archive (I have to go to bed
> now, no time for lengthy searching). Can anyone point me to the thread? Thanks.
>
> Oh, btw. I just encountered a crash, have no more time to debug it. I dunno when
> I will have time again:
>  * add a new podcast feed
>  * drag an episode of this new feed to playlist
>  * crash in PodcastAlbum::name() on dereferencing the episode member (which is
>   not NULL)
>
> If you restart amarok after adding a feed, everything works as it should. I hope
> it's not me who's causing this.
>

> Good night.

Hey Mathias,

Got your mail via the ML, so it's working.

First and foremost, thanks for the already excellent rewrite of the
PodcastReader. I was very impressed, and you just keep them coming :)

We've already merged your request but it went with great difficulty.
In the end markey managed to do it since I failed completely. This
might be because your repo has some "interesting" branching and
merging complicated by the automatic rebasing I had set-up for master.
I suggest starting over with a new branch and cherry pick the RSS 1.0
and Atom support in before doing a new merge request and only commit
relevant changes to that branch, certainly no merges from master.
Markey also suggested you use git-squash, please ask him for details.

I'm busy with my other big project today, this weekend and next week.
Hell, probably for the next 6 months. So I can't promise when I'll be
online or able to check the code. The other devs can tell if it makes
sense, I trust them.

See you later.
Stecchino