Implementation of the "Custom Tags" Feature

Daniel Dewald Daniel.Dewald at time-shift.de
Mon Nov 9 00:40:32 CET 2009

On Sunday, 8. November 2009 08:41:48 you wrote:
> I had a bout of insomnia this evening, and so I sat down and rewrote
> the customlabels feature as we've kind of discussed.  There is now a
> ReadLabelCapability and a WriteLabelCapability (still debating on if
> we want to merge these... I don't think so though).  I've moved the
> sql code over, and modified them to be asynchronous.  I am currently
> working on a lastfm ReadLabelCapability as well, because I kind of
> like the idea :).  I tried to add it to the playlist, but I can't
> figure out how to get it in the layout...
>
> I'm going to keep the work in my clone for now, dmeltzers-playground
> on gitorious, but I'll try and track you down soon to see about
> collaborating.

In that case I drop my efforts in this matter. Didn't come very far anyway.
This whole Meta and Query Maker stuff makes programming a hell IMHO. Might be
nice if you use it but extending it is no fun. Was working for 4 Day on that
now and nothing worked in the slightest way. Not to mention that it took me
less time to implement the complete Patch for my first attempt to label
support.

Daniel