Better database handling of UTF-8 data / Case-insensitive search

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Thu May 14 23:14:35 CEST 2009

Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> The first point that Stanislav raised (setting the right encoding when
> creating an entirely new database) seems pretty straightforward,
> simple, and not too risky (as I wrote). So I would favour including it
> in 2.1.1.
>
> Converting an existing database (his second suggestion) is probably
> more risky, so I wouldn't touch that in a point release.

Read my reply on amarok at ...basically, we want to do this for everyone at
the same time, or it will be much more difficult later.  Also, it
shouldn't be terribly difficult, just a matter of getting the sql
commands right (which is testable).

I'll agree with Leo here that if I get it in early for 2.1.1 we can put
it in there.

--Jeff