GSOC Project: Mass Tagging

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Thu Mar 19 01:11:11 CET 2009

On Wednesday 18 March 2009 23:55:25 Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Seb Ruiz wrote:
> > btw - anyway you can disable your PGP email signing? It's really
> > annoying and hard to read your emails. Too much noise.
>
> I could, but the whole point of getting keys signed is to get people to
> use them...
>
> What mail client are you using?  There really shouldn't be much noise as
> the client should soak it up.

It would be better if you could configure Thunderbird to send the signature in
PGP/MIME format, rather than inline.  You can set Enigmail to do that: go to
Account Settings, and go to the OpenPGP Security pane, then enable Always use
PGP/MIME.

That way, GMail and so on will just display it as an unknown message part.

Alex

--
Why have I got six monitors?  Because I haven't got room for eight.
  -- Terry Pratchett