commit filter + git

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Fri Jul 24 22:30:18 CEST 2009

Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi Casey,
>
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 21:45, Casey Link<unnamedrambler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've begun receiving emails from commit filter lately with git commits
>> that cannot easily be sorted with automatic email filters.
>>
>> Before the git switch a typical commit filter email would have the
>> path of the commit in the subject line, like so:
>> Subject: extragear/multimedia/amarok/src
>>
>> However, after the git switch, subjects look something like this:
>> 736144d Fix small regression in the fading code caused by
>>
>> I've tried filtering with something like "Contains: *amarok*", but
>> (strangely enough) not every commit has the string "amarok" in it.
>>
>> Is there anything we can do about this?
>
> Ian has fixed it this afternoon :)

Well, it wasn't really a problem with the email, it's a problem with
what you're sorting on.

I did add "[amarok]" back into the subject line, so you *could* use
that, but the SVN path ("extragear/multimedia/amarok") still exists,
just not in the subject. Look in the X-Commit-Directories flag:

--Jeff