SoU

Thomas Pf. colomar at autistici.org
Mon Jul 20 23:11:27 CEST 2009

Hi Fabio,
welcome to the mailing list!
@Amarok Team: It would be good if we thought about where user testing and/or
an expert review would be most helpful. Here are some points where I think
we're not really sure how best to handle things:

- Navigation in services. I personally think breadcrumbs plus arrows would do,
but I'm not sure. We could compare different versions there (for example
breadcrumb and arrows, breadcrumb only, an accordion menu and Markey's test
with the arrow thing on the left).
- The playlist toolbar (what Icons would be best for most users? Would a
configurable toolbar be welcomed by users? Do we need a way to hide it?)
- The configurable UI layout (Are many users likely to change the layout? Does
it work for all user types?)
- Equalizer (where to configure it? Is everything about well understood?)

This is not a final list, of course, just some thoughts to hopefully get
discussion stared. We don't get to use a professional usability lab including
professional researchers to conduct tests in it everyday so should make good
use of that opportunity! And a review by people with a fresh view from the
outside often gives great insights as well.

Regards,
Thomas