Multiple Databases [WAS: Re: Junior Job - external MySQL config]

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Mon Aug 31 14:58:51 CEST 2009

Just to chime in...

Postgres is nice -- but it doesn't have an embedded solution. If it did,
we probably would have used it in the first place. But we wanted one
codebase between embedded and server, and the only thing fitting that
bill right now was MySQL.

Many of us have not been pleased with developments in MySQL in the last
year, but we don't have anything better right now (not in terms of
technical "betterness" of the various solutions but in terms of meeting
the goals of the developers and how they want to/are able to deal with
the database coding).

--Jeff