Collaboration Summit in Austin

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Mar 10 23:50:37 CET 2008

Sven Krohlas wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> I thought Amarok was already the default music player in Linspire.
>>

> Well, it wasn't installed in the default installation of a laptop
> at the Acer booth. So I went to the Linspire one and they didn't
> seem to know it at all.. :/
>
> cu

Nope, LTunes is, which is a python iTunesish clone, though AFAIK it's
more limited than even JuK.

I haven't been able to reopen a dialog with them in more than a year.
They certainly know (knew) about Amarok, because they outsourced that
guy to make a NJB plugin for it back when 1.4 was well into
development.  (The guy developed it against 1.3.9, oops.)

So at some point they not only knew about Amarok but were willing to
spend money on it, and promised me as such, but that money never did
materialize when I actually asked for it a few times.

--Jeff