Bumping the Last.fm code

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Jul 24 09:09:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

as some of you have noticed our scrobbling features have become
somewhat unreliable again in Amarok 2. This could have to do with our
Last.fm interface code (imported from the official player) being
outdated.

The problem is that Last.fm doesn't release the code as a separate
library, so we have to extract the right parts from their FOSS player
and make it work in Amarok.

I've already tried twice to do that with the latest official player,
and invested many hours, but still no joy. There are tons of new
files, entirely new folders (bundled libs), and it's unclear what
parts we really need. So basically I'm stuck - I can't get it to build
in Amarok.

Any ideas?

--
Mark Kretschmann