extragear/multimedia/amarok/src

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Tue Apr 29 01:57:42 CEST 2008

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> I don't see any reason to disable it again (other than it crashing,
> which is actually to say, it's not crashing, the rest of Amarok is
> crashing while passing things around  :-)  )  If only I could get
> backtraces...
>
> The fact that it doesn't support nested menus yet doesn't mean disable
> it again, as there's nothing wrong with it and in the meantime
> non-nested items are perfectly usable...it means, for now you don't get
> to add anything to it which needs nested menus.
>
> Note that it supports hover actions for items as well as drop actions,
> so triggering a nested menu should/will be as easy as hovering for a
> specified amount of time.
>
> I'm thinking about how you could do it, but it's not an easy problem
> (codewise).
>
> That being said, I do have some ideas.

And *that* being said, I now think I know how I'm going to do it.

I can't promise a timetable, but I'm pretty sure it's doable the way
that I'm currently envisioning it, and I'd know how I'd go about it.
Both necessary items  :-)

So, it's coming.  In the meantime, if you'd like to use the existing
code and play around with it -- i.e. getting it working nicely in Amarok
-- please do so.

--Jeff