last.fm streaming

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Wed Sep 5 13:18:52 CEST 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007, Max Howell wrote:
> It shouldn't be necessary to adapt to the new radio and scrobbling
> architectures. I'll take another look at it when I get home. However
> last time I tested it (after being told it was broken), it worked on
> three seperate test machines. So I didn't know where to go from there.
>
> If you adapt to radio 1.2, you have to use scrobbler 1.2 too. Both are
> much more complicated and have strict requirements for handling that
> are intrusive to adapt too. Ie skips/loves/bans etc. have to be passed
> with the scrobble, which means you need to pass all this info to the
> scrobbler. Radio must be scrobbled too. Radio comes in playlists that
> you have to parse and then stream tracks individually.
>
> So I don't recommend switching if it can be avoided.
>
> Max

The problem is that the last.fm radio has not been working reliable for a
while now. From your description of radio/scrobbler 1.2, it sounds impossible
to add support for it to the 1.4 series, because it would require *major*
changes to the way we handle the streams. But I think we should try to
implement radio 1.2 for Amarok 2.

the other Max:)