Collection View/Playlist Ideas

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Fri May 11 10:27:16 CEST 2007

On Friday 11 May 2007, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> A picture is worth a thousand words, so I've put together some pictures
> (with some words too :-) ) that portray some ideas as for how navigation
> could work for collection views and playlists that may have many
> entries, as well as a way to reduce clutter and reduce a lot of mousing
> across the screen across the new, wider, center stage context view.
>
> I'm not a great artist, so no laughing.
>
> 1)  Mouse navigation through the collection view and playlist:
> http://www.jefferai.com/amarok/collectionviewpics/mousenav.png

Hmm, not sure how well that works if you have lots of tracks in the
collectionview. if i understood it correctly, each vertical mouse movements
scrolls the viewport. Is it possible that you are unable to select a track
because it is automatically scrolled out of the viewport when you try to move
the mouse to it?

> 2) (Part 1) Collection Grouping
> http://www.jefferai.com/amarok/collectionviewpics/collmenus1.png

Are the buttons used to toggle parts of the collection, so that you can for
example show local collections and web sources at the same time? Or are they
more like tabs?

> 3) (Part 2) The "Pop-Up Dropper"
> http://www.jefferai.com/amarok/collectionviewpics/collmenus2.png

Sounds good. If all the actions are available in the context menu too e won't
have to care about accessibility.