Google SoC, also Plugins

Seb Ruiz me at sebruiz.net
Mon Mar 12 00:40:54 CET 2007

I don't know if this was discussed any more in the irc channel, but I
already explained the situation to Mark.

When I was chatting with the SoC "big guys" last year at Google, I
specifically asked about having our own project, and to be split from
under the KDE umbrella (such as gaim). The response was: "Amarok may
be accepted as a SoC mentor organisation, however since there are so
many other applications, it is highly unlikely that we would be
accepted in subsequent years." Furthermore, as a new organisation, we
would probably receive maximum of 2 or 3 projects, which we could
acheive underneath the KDE umbrella - and just about guarranteed
projects every year.

Seb

http://www.sebruiz.net/