Disable/Enable collections on the fly?

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Fri Jul 6 17:02:16 CEST 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Max--
>
> Is there a way to on-the-fly enable or disable collections?  I'm
> thinking about this in the context of portable devices, where a user may
> not want to automatically mount/connect a device or may want to
> unmount/disconnect it at a given time.  If there were a way to
> enable/disable collections, then this would in effect be an appropriate
> way to determine whether to connect the portable player or not.
>
> --Jeff

Assuming that the the portable device should always appear in the collection
browser, check out CollectionManager::addUnmanagedCollection,
CollectionManager::removeUnmanagedCollection, Collection::remove,
CollectionFactory::newCollection

Using this method you can decide at any time to add or remove collections.

Cheers, Max