Task Proposal: Files handling,browsing,tagging

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 21:10:57 UTC 2012

On Friday 20 January 2012, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Thursday 19 January 2012, Marco Martin wrote:
> > User Story
> > =======
> > The user will use a centralized application (with some pieces of it
> > available also as a component, in order to have it embedded in other
> > apps) when he want to tag, move,delete, copy to usb a large group of
> > files, regardless of the file type
>
> by the way, branch mart/active-filebrowser on plasma-mobile repo :p
>
> very rough still, is a thinghie based on the image viewer that shows all
> file resources and is possible to filter by type or (wip) by tags
>
> right now the ui is (and will be for a while) mostly a set of buttons that
> can stress test the metadata models in the way that are needed (already
> caused some bug fix of them)
>
> eventually the image viewer could become a specialization of it boh, we'll
> see ;)

now the browser has ability to filter files by type, by tag and by rating.

i have been developing another model in which is possible to count items by
date, grouping them by year, month or day, that i want to use to visualize
some kind of timeline used to filter files by date, a very very rough
prototype:
http://wstaw.org/m/2012/01/23/plasma-desktopkf3908.png

in this way will be very easy to see for instance the peak of photos during
the days of a trip for instance

as backend probably there is still something missing, like adding new roles in
the model when a single type is chosen (ie title author, album for mp3s)
and the infrastructure for property writing (especially mass-writing, like the
discussed mass tagging) is still pretty much missing (as is the ui).