remove or keep the activity view in the window list

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 22 21:16:29 UTC 2011

hi all...

now that the "panel puller" icon in the top right has been replaced with a
"home screen" button which, when pressed, pulls up the activity view i'm left
with a few questions:

* should we leave the activity view (currently labelled "home screen") in the
window list? i lean towards "no", but maybe it is useful ... without it there,
however, the strip becomes quite strictly about apps you, the user, have
launched.

* if we remove it, then it should probably collapse down when no windows are
shown

with the contour icon in the upper right now, i really really like the clock
in the middel more than ever. the right side is now a nice collection of
"activity related" buttons -> share, like, connect and activity view. as such,
i'd like to leave the clock in the middle.

the calendar popup from the clock is also now successfully removed, which
makes it lighter on resources but more importantly means that it doesn't bring
up the icon calendar awkwardly :)

humru othro a kohnu se