Desktop or laptop testing: active with cursor

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Oct 12 14:04:26 UTC 2011

> If you're on a touch device, and you want a mouse additionally, just use
the
> touchscreen until the mouse is there.
>
> On virtual machines, this doesn't work of course.

If the automatic switching based on the presence of a mouse works for 70
or 80%
of people, I think that's okay. We probably have more pressing prolems.
If it does not work at all in virtual machines, it's more of a problem
because that's
the case where it will mostly be needed, because who wants to run a
touch-oriented UI
on a device that has a touchscreen with a mouse? Well okay, I had one
situation
where I could not find a way to remove an annotation from a file in Okular
without
a context menu, but that's really really an edge case which only happened
because Okular is not activated (I'm beginning to like the term in this
context) yet.

If it works for the majority of virtual machine "users", the rest can
still remove the
package from vt-1. With our limited resources and much much work ahead of
us,
I suggest we focus on the "real" users, those with a touch enabled device.

Thomas