New MeeGo Plasma Active "Testing" (staging) Live Image is Available

Maurice de la Ferte Maurice.Ferte at basyskom.de
Mon Oct 3 13:13:56 UTC 2011

Hi,

On October 3, 2011 at 1:51 PM Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 02 October 2011, Maurice de la Ferte wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > our MeeGo staging project was updated with all yesterday changes and a
> > image is build which you can find on following URL:
> >
> > http://share.basyskom.com/contour/Deployment/latest-meego-plasma-active-tes
> > ting.html
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > Maurice
>
> Hi,
> I tested it a bit today (also tried to switch to devel repos, to have the
> latesst stuff), here are some findings:
> * some new fixes still only in the devel repo, still some update will be
> needed when the new final packages will be done

Please tell me when the release tarballs are available. I will integrate them
in the meego packaging. A qualified changelog would be also nice.

> * huge number of activities: the default setup still has to be implemented
> right? shouldn't be more than 3

The final demo video is not ready yet and we have two different packages which
will do the same job. First the contour-demo package, which should have the
five pre-configured activities (thats we have at the moment). And a contour-intro
package with a reduced subset of activities (just 3). I plan to build the intro
package from the demo package, but it make no sence if the video is not ready.

> * contour package still installed by default, it shouldn't be in the image to
> not have recommendations

I will overhaul the build recipe of the image